Gel electrophoresis of DNA ladder at different reagent:sample volume ratios.
The size of fragments eluted from the beads (or that bind in the first place) is determined by the end concentration of MagSi-NGSPREP, and this in turn is determined by the mix of DNA
A 50 µl DNA sample plus 75 µl of beads will give a MagSi-NGSPREP:DNA ratio of 1.5. As this ratio is changed, the length of fragments binding and/or left in solution also changes. Hence,
the lower the ratio of MagSi-NGSPREP:DNA the larger the final fragments will be at elution.
Smaller fragments are retained in the buffer so you can get different size ranges from a single sample with multiple purifications. Part of the reason for this effect is that DNA fragment size affects the total
charge per molecule with larger DNAs having larger charges; this promotes their electrostatic interaction with the beads and displaces smaller DNA fragments.
Simplify your routine
- High recovery of DNA fragments, more than 70%
- Excellent removal of enzymes, primers, oligonucleotides, polymerase, and other contaminants
- Fragment size selection adjustable between 100 and 1000 base pairs
- Guarantees consistent sequencing results
Easy to automate
- One product for all clean-up and size selection steps in the library preparation workflow
- Simple bind – wash – elute procedure
- Protocol easily adjustable for clean-up or size selection using specific reagent-to-sample ratios
- Manual and automated use
- Meets the requirements of common library preparation kits
- Fast and robust protocol resulting in a high-throughput on automated systems
- Optimized separation performance using validated magnetic separators for 96 and 384 wells PCR plates
- Compatible with many different automated liquid handling systems (e.g., PerkinElmer®, Agilent Technologies®, Beckman Coulter®)
- MagSi-NGSPREP is designed for an optimized purification of next generation library preparation through efficient clean up of the successive enzymatic reactions (i.e. end repair,
dA-tailing, adaptor ligation). MagSi-NGSPREP is used for clean-up of library targeting sequencers such as Life Technologies’ ABI SOLiD, Ion Torrent; Illumina’s HiSeq 2000, MiSeq,
GAIIx; and Roche’s 454.
- Magnetic bead based MagSi-NGSPREP offers an efficient solution for clean-up and size selection in library preparation of NGS sequencing reactions. The simple and flexible protocol
can be adjusted to your specific application and NGS platform. MagSi-NGSPREP can be used manually but is also easy to automate for high-throughput processing. In conclusion: a simple
and quick way to consistent NGS results.