Highly Active Protease for the ‘PreScission’ Site
Schematic view of cleavage site
- Highly specific, e.g. more specific than thrombin protease
- Cost effective compared to GE’s 'PreScission' Protease
- Easy removal of HRV3C using His- or GST-tags
- No buffer restrictions; use the suitable buffer for your target protein
- Freeze resistant and functional even after multiple freeze-thaws
- Human rhinovirus 3C protease (HRV3C Protease) is a cysteine protease that recognizes the cleavage site of Leu-Glu-Val-Leu-Phe-Gln/- Gly-Pro, commonly referred to as the 'PreScission' site. It cleaves between Gln and Gly. The recombinant form of the HRV3C protease is a restriction grade protease that has robust activity at 4 °C with high specific activity and great stability. It does not require any special buffer for its activity and can be used in a buffer most suitable for the target protein. This HRV3C Protease is a 47 kDa protein with both GST- and His-tags, so it can be removed by either Ni-chelating or Glutathione (GSH) resin.
- Unit Definition One unit of HRV3C Protease cleaves >95% of 100 μg of control target protein at 4 °C for 16 hours. No non-specific activity has been observed under the same condition with HRV3C Protease to control target protein ratio of 1:10. Prolonged incubation (several days) under the same condition does not show any non-specific cleavage.
- For shipping and storage information please click on Order#.
|PR-ETA20010-01||HRV3C Protease, recombinant, GST- & His-Tag||1000 U||320,00|
- All prices are in EURO excl. VAT and shipping. For further pricing and order information please ask your local distributor.