Schematic view of cleavage site
- Highly specific cleavage activity
- Robust activity over a broad temperature (4 °C to 37 °C) and pH (7 to 9) range
- Enhanced enzyme stability for prolonged protease activity
- Greater than 85% single-band purity with no non-specific protease contamination
- Easy removal of MobiTEV Protease from the digested protein sample using the polyhistidine
- TEV Protease is used to remove fusion tags - solubility, secretion, detection, and purification tags - and release the "native" protein of
interest. MobiTEV Protease is an improved version of Tobacco Etch Virus (TEV) protease that is highly site-specific, highly active,
and significantly more stable than native TEV Protease, resulting in enhanced long-term activity.
MobiTEV Protease specifically recognizes a seven amino acid sequence (Glu-Asn-Leu-Tyr-Phe-Gln-Gly, cleaving between Gln and Gly).
- One unit of MobiTEV Protease cleaves 3 µg of the control substrate at >85% in 1 hour in 30 µl reaction buffer (50 mM Tris/HCl, 0.5 mM EDTA and 1mM DTT) at pH 8.0 and 30 °C.
Formulation and Storage
|1000 U MobiTEV Protease (2 U/µl) is formulated in 50 mM Tris/HCl pH 7.5, 1 mM EDTA, 5 mM DTT, 70 mM imidazol, 50% (v/v) glycerol.
||Store at -80 °C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. Stable for 6 months when properly stored.
|1 ml 20x MobiTEV Reaction Buffer, Tris-HCl pH 8.0, 10 mM EDTA||Store at 4 °C
|500 µl 0.1 M DTT in deionized water||Store at -20 °C