Anti-pIII (g3p) Antibody
- Antibody to phage M13 coat protein III (g3p)
- Clone: 10C3
- Monoclonal mouse IgG
- The anti-pIII (g3p) antibody is a useful analytical tool for phage display systems using the protein III (g3-protein) of M13 for display of recombinant proteins such as antibodies, protein- or peptide-libraries and more. (See also our pSKAN Phagemid Display System).
- The antigenic epitope of the anti-pIII (g3p) antibody resides within amino acids 292 to 302 of the mature protein III and is therefore compatible with most of the phagemid vectors using different N-terminal deletions of the protein III.
- Amino acid sequence of the epitope: - A T D Y G A A I D G F -
The antibody can be used in Western blots in order to analyze:
- Correct reading-frame fusions of pIII-fusion proteins
- Expression levels of pIII-fusion proteins in E. coli and on the tip of the phage
- Ratios of displayed pIII-proteins and pIII-fusion proteins on the phage-capsid
- M13-infected E. coli strains
The epitope is also recognized under non-denaturing conditions. Therefore, the antibody can be used for:
- ELISA detection of pIII-fusion proteins
- Purification of pIII-fusion proteins by affinity chromatography
- Efficient and rapid analysis of antigen binding characteristics of recombinant antibodies selected by phage display (microplate assay)