Preserve and extract DNA, RNA and proteins without crosslinking
Gross anatomy of liver tissues preserved in AquaPreserve™ and PBS.
Fresh mouse liver tissues (~100 mg) were submerged in 0.2 ml AquaPreserve™ (left) or PBS (right) and stored at 22 °C for 7 days. As seen, liver tissues preserved in AquaPreserve™ looked fresh, remained intact, and wedged in the tube, while liver tissues stored in PBS became highly degraded and sank to the bottom of the tube.
- Preservation and extraction
- Stabilization without crosslinking
- Preservation without freezing
- Extracting DNA, RNA, and proteins from tissue and fresh or frozen blood
- AquaPreserve™ is a multifunctional reagent for DNA/RNA/protein preservation and extraction. It may be used to streamline biospecimen collection, stabilization, transport, storage, distribution, and DNA/RNA/protein
extraction. By streamlining the entire biospecimen workflow, AquaPreserve can reduce pre-analytical variability, increase data reproducibility and reliability. AquaPreserve extracts total DNA/RNA/proteins from
whole blood; it recovers both cellular and cell-free circulating DNA/RNA/proteins in the whole blood, therefore, maximizing the scientific value and utilities of the biospecimens. AquaPreserve is the only reagent
that can extract intact RNA from frozen whole blood samples collected in common anticoagulants.
- Streamline biospecimen pre-analytical workflow:
- AquaPreserve not only preserves but also extracts DNA/RNA/proteins from the biospecimen. It can be used to streamline the entire pre-analytical workflow, from specimen collection (immediately arrests
gene expression and stabilizes the DNA/RNA/proteins) to DNA/RNA/protein extraction (does not use any other DNA, RNA, and protein extraction kits). Therefore, it reduces biospecimen pre-analytical
variability, prevents sample cross-contamination, increases detection specificity, and improves data reproducibility and reliability.
- Safeguard biospecimens during their transportation and storage:
- AquaPreserve-stabilized specimens may be stored at 4 and 22 °C for weeks without causing RNA degradation. AquaPreserve serves a safeguard against unexpected cold-chain disasters during shipping
and storage, and makes it feasible to repeatedly thaw the frozen the specimens for QC/QA and for distribution to researchers.
- Maximize the scientific value of the biospecimens:
- Presently you probably only store cellular DNA extracted from fresh blood and you don't have a reliable method to extract RNA from frozen whole blood collected in common anticoagulants (not in
specialized PAXgene or Tempus RNA tubes). With AquaPreserve, you not only can extract blood DNA but also blood RNA, not only cellular DNA/RNA/proteins but also cell-free circulating DNA/RNA/proteins,
from not only fresh but also archived frozen whole blood. It allows you to do more researches and generate more data previously impossible from your precious specimens.
- Reduce the overall cost of biobanking:
- AquaPreserve enables the freezing of leftover blood samples obtained from routine testing for later DNA/RNA/protein extraction, therefore, opens up an unlimited and inexpensive biospecimen resource.
AquaPreserve-stabilized the blood biospecimens may be shipped and stored at 4 or 22 °C for years without causing DNA degradation, therefore, reducing the energy consumption. Additionally, AquaPreserve
extracts DNA/RNA/proteins from the specimens without needing other DNA, RNA, and protein extraction kits.
AquaPreserve™ is scalable.
Use a volume ratio of 1:1:0.5 (blood:AquaPreserve:ProSink) for extraction:
|Number of extractions
Comparison of Techniques for Biospecimen Preservation
|Mechanism of Stabilization
||High salt dehydration
|Add to Frozen Specimens
||No. Require pre-soaking
||22 to -80 °C
|Damage to Specimen
|Inactivation of Pathogens
|DNA, RNA, and protein Extraction