Visualization of the Label IT® Cy™3 RNAi Delivery Control in Liver Sections Following Tail Vein Injection.
TransIT®-QR Hydrodynamic Delivery Solution was used to deliver 25 µg of Label IT® Cy™3 RNAi Delivery Control (red) to a mouse
using hydrodynamic delivery via the tail vein. Forty-five minutes post-injection the liver was harvested. Sections were processed to stain the nuclei (blue) and to stain the actin (green).
The Label IT® RNAi Delivery Controls Allow Quick Assessment of Delivery Efficiency For In Vitro Applications
HeLa cells were transfected in serum-containing media with (A) Label IT® Cy™3 RNAi Delivery Control (red) using theTransIT-siQUEST®
Transfection Reagent and (B) Label IT® Fluorescein RNAi Delivery Control (green) using the TransIT-TKO® Transfection Reagent. Twenty-four hours post-
transfection, the cells were fixed, then counterstained to locate the nuclei (blue) and the actin (green).
- Sensitive – Easily visualize transfected cells and assess delivery efficiency using fluorescent microscopy
- Inert – Not known to target any mammalian genes or cause off-target effects
- Compatible – Suitable for co-delivery experiments with functional siRNA
- Ease of Use – Supplied as a ready to use 10 µM stock solution with a 10X RNAi Dilution Buffer
- The introduction of short RNA duplexes into mammalian cells in culture leads to sequence-specific destruction of target mRNA without triggering an interferon response. These short double stranded (ds)
RNAs, referred to as small interfering RNAs (siRNA), can act catalytically at sub-molar ratios to cleave greater than 95% of the target mRNA in the cell and destruction of the mRNA target can ultimately lead
to decreased expression of the encoded protein. The RNA interference (RNAi) effect can be long-lasting and may be detectable after many cell divisions. These properties make siRNA extremely effective at
inhibiting target gene expression once introduced into the cell.
The Label IT® RNAi Delivery Control consists of Cy™3- or fluorescein-labeled double-stranded RNA duplexes that have the same length, charge, and configuration as standard
siRNA used in RNAi studies. The sequence of the Label IT® RNAi Delivery Control is not homologous to any known mammalian gene and is not known to affect any cellular events.
The Label IT® RNAi Delivery Control is designed as a tool to facilitate visualization and optimization of dsRNA oligonucleotide delivery during RNAi experiments, both in vitro
and in vivo. It is also suitable for co-delivery with functional target-gene specific siRNA and should not affect the RNAi-mediated inhibition of the target gene.
Fluorophore Spectral Characteristics
||Excitation Wevelength or λmax(nm)
||Emission Wavelength (nm)