Label IT® Tracker™ Intracellular Nucleic Acid Localization Kits
Efficient, direct labeling of plasmid DNA for in vitro and in vivo tracking experiments
The Label IT® Tracker Kits
The Label IT® Tracker labeling reagents are composed of three regions: the label (a fluorophore or biotin) (green), the linker (yellow) which facilitates electrostatic interactions with plasmid DNA and the reactive alkylating group (blue) that covalently attaches the Label IT® reagents to any reactive heteroatom within the plasmid. Attachment of the Label IT® Reagent to plasmids does not alter their structure or affect downstream gene expression, and as such, the same labeled plasmid can be both visualized after transfection by fluorescence microscopy and employed to express the gene of interest on the plasmid. (Mouseover to enlarge)
Tracking of Plasmid Localization and Expression.
COS-7 cells transfected with Label IT® Tracker Cy®5 (blue) labeled pEYFP-nuc and TransIT-LT1 Reagent in serum containing media. Images were acquired at 3, 8, and 20 hours post-transfection. The blue signal indicates the cellular localization of the labeled plasmid, the green signal indicates cellular autofluorescence, and the yellow signal is the expression of the nuclear yellow fluorescent protein (YFP) reporter.
- Versatile Labeling – Efficiently label and visualize the DNA of your choice.
- One-step Chemical Method – Easily and consistently control the labeling reactions.
- High Efficiency Labeling – Optimal visualization of DNA in cells.
- Superior Tracking – Monitor both subcellular localization and reporter transgene expression following transfection of labeled (plasmid) DNA.
- The Label IT® Tracker™ Kits are based on Mirus Bio's proprietary nucleic acid labeling technology. The Label IT® Reagents were initially developed by Mirus Bio scientists to monitor the subcellular localization of plasmid DNA in cells following gene delivery. These reagents covalently attach marker molecules to intact nucleic acids in a simple one-step chemical reaction. The simplicity of the highly efficient and non-destructive labeling reaction, and the availability of a variety of labels, including the very sensitive and highly popular Cy™ dyes, makes this the ideal kit to generate labeled DNA for in vitro tracking experiments.
- Traditional non-radioactive labeling methods (random priming, nick translation) are enzyme mediated and thus inherently difficult to control. In addition, these types of reactions generate labeled products that are not representative of the starting DNA, but rather consist of a series of labeled species over a variable size range. Using the non-enzymatic Label IT® Tracker™ Kits, any plasmid (linear or circular) can be custom labeled before introduction into mammalian cells. This allows for the ideal situation in which expression-competent fluorescently labeled DNA can be visually monitored during the transfection process.
Fluorophore Spectral Characteristics
|Fluorophore||Excitation Wevelength or λmax(nm)||Emission Wavelength (nm)|
- Each Kit contains Label IT® Tracker Reagent, Label IT® Reconstitution Solution, and 10X Labeling Buffer.
- For shipping and storage information please click on Order#.
|MIR7020||Label IT® Tracker™ Intracellular Nucleic Acid Localization Kit, Cy®3||labels 50-200 µg plasmid DNA||245,00|
|MIR7021||Label IT® Tracker™ Intracellular Nucleic Acid Localization Kit, Cy®5||labels 50-200 µg plasmid DNA||245,00|
|MIR7022||Label IT® Tracker™ Intracellular Nucleic Acid Localization Kit, CX-Rhodamine||labels 50-200 µg plasmid DNA||218,00|
|MIR7023||Label IT® Tracker™ Intracellular Nucleic Acid Localization Kit, TM-Rhodamine||labels 50-200 µg plasmid DNA||218,00|
|MIR7024||Label IT® Tracker™ Intracellular Nucleic Acid Localization Kit, Biotin||labels 50-200 µg plasmid DNA||218,00|
|MIR7025||Label IT® Tracker™ Intracellular Nucleic Acid Localization Kit, Fluorescein||labels 50-200 µg plasmid DNA||218,00|
- All prices are in EURO excl. VAT and shipping. Only available in selected countries.