AptaFluor - Leveraging the Power of Aptamers for Drug Discovery
AptaFluor™ SAH Methyltransferase Assay
A Homogenous, Universal Enzymatic Assay for Histone Methyltransferases
» Download Poster
Direct Detection of SAH with a TR-FRET Readout
The most sensitive HTS methyltransferase assay available with an LLD of 0.6 nM SAH. This dramatically reduces enzyme usage and allows the assay to be run at or below Km for SAM.
Use with Physiological SAM Concentrations Lower than 100 nM
Outstanding reagent stability reduces assay variability and allows for automated workflows.
Outstanding signal stability reduces assay variability and allows for automated workflows.
Excellent Z’ under a variety of assay conditions.
PRMT4 enzyme with 0.2 µM or 2 µM SAM and histone substrate as positive controls. PRMT4 and histone substrate as negative control.
The AptaFluor SAH Methyltransferase Assay is in a simple, mix & read format. Run your enzyme reaction, add quenching reagent, add AptaFluor™ reagents, and read your plates.
Compatible with a Variety of MTase Acceptor Substrates
Toleration of MT acceptor substrates. 100 nM SAH-SAM standard curves were set up in the presence of nucleosomes (10 ng/µL), histone H3-3 (3 ng/µL), Histone H3 (1-21) peptide (10 µM) and Poly d (I-C) (2.5 mU/µL); control wells lacked a MT substrate.
Universal Assay – Use with Virtually Any Methyltransferase
- Ultra-sensitive with LLD of 0.61 nM SAH - perfect for low turnover MTases
- Easy to use mix-and-read homogeneous assay
- Direct detection of SAH with a positive TR-FRET readout
- Outstanding reagent and signal stability greater than 8 hours
- Robust assay with Z' values greater than 0.7 under initial velocity conditions
- Universal assay - use with virtually any SAM dependent methyltransferase
- The AptaFluor SAH Methyltransferase Assay uses a natural occurring aptamer, or riboswitch, that selectively binds SAH, the invariant product of methyltransferase reactions. The exquisite affinity and selectivity of the aptamer combined with a positive TR-FRET signal enable screening and profiling of methyltransferases with unparalleled sensitivity.
- Monitor methyltransferase enzyme activity
- Characterize and validate potential hits
- Determine inhibitor potency
- Profile inhibitor selectivity
- Measure inhibitor residence times
- For shipping and storage information please click on Order#.
|3023-B||AptaFluor™ SAH Methyltransferase Assay||EA||346,00|
|3023-1K||AptaFluor™ SAH Methyltransferase Assay||EA||1085,00|
- All prices are in EURO excl. VAT and shipping. Only available in selected countries.
Downloads, Posts, and Webinars
- A Novel Approach Discovers Hundreds of Cancer-Relevant Arginine Methylation Sites for CARM1
- BellBrook Labs Launches Ultra-Sensitive Methyltransferase Assay to Accelerate Epigenetic Drug Discovery
- Webinar: The New AptaFluor™ SAH Methyltransferase Assay: A Homogenous, Universal Assay Based on a Microbial Riboswitch