- High sensitivity/specificity according to diagnostic evaluation studies
- IgG, IgM and IgA determination
- Incubations at laboratory temperature
Mycoplasma pneumoniae assay kit
- ELISA-VIDITEST anti-Mycoplasma pneumoniae kits are intended for the diagnosis of Mycoplasma pneumoniae related diseases. The use of these tests is to support the diagnosis of acute or chronic
respiratory diseases including complications such as pericarditis, meningoencefalitis, otitis, erythema nodosum. It is recommended to estimate the
changes of antibody titers through analysis of paired sera collected 1-2 weeks apart.
- The first sample is taken during the acute phase of disease. The second sample is confirmatory and should be taken not earlier than 10-15 days after the first one. The antibody titer should rise during this period.
There are differences in antibody kinetic profiles with regard to the immunoglobulin classes and therefore we strongly recommend using parallel detection in all three available Ig classes (IgG/IgM/IgA).
Overview on Mycoplasma pneumoniae assays
||No. of tests
||anti-Mycoplasma pn. IgG
||73% / 76%
||anti-Mycoplasma pn. IgM
||98% / 100%
||anti-Mycoplasma pn. IgA
||96% / 83%