Tests for PAH and Bisphenol A
ELISA-VIDITEST PAH and ELISA-VIDITEST Bisphenol A
- Possible new screening method
- Pollution monitoring without using HPLC
- Incubations at laboratory temperature
- Many tested samples in one test run
- Ready-to-use standards
- ELISA-VIDTEST PAH and ELISA-VIDTEST Bisphenol A kits are intended for detection of PAH and bisphenol A in environmental samples.
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) are chemical carcinogens that belong to the group of xenobiotics which are able to initiate carcinogenesis in cells of various human tissues. PAH become genotoxic after
their metabolic activation by the enzymes of cytochrome P450 family. Activated PAH molecules form DNA adducts that can cause mutations during the DNA replication. The other mechanism of DNA damage
by PAH is oxidation of DNA. Genotoxic effects can finally lead to chromosomal aberrations and mutations in oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes. The determination of PAH concentration in the environment is very
important for environmental health monitoring, especially in highly populated areas.
- Bisphenol A (BPA) is a well-known toxicant whose estrogenic activity has been known for a long time. BPA interferes with the normal function of the endocrine system. Recently it was found that it has a
negative effect on in vivo fertility of animals. It can probably have a similar effect on human infertility.
Overview on PAH and Bisphenol A assays
||No. of tests
||Limit of detection
- For shipping and storage information please click on Order#.
- All prices are in EURO excl. VAT and shipping. Only available in selected countries.