Quantification of Hyaluronic Acid in Biological Samples
Hyaluronic Acid ELISA (HA ELISA)
Configuration of HA
HA ELISA Standard Curve
- Competitive 96-well assay
- Easy-to-use format
- For quantifying Hyaluronic Acid (HA) concentrations in human and animal biological fluids or cell supernatants
- Detects HA molecules that are as small as 6.4 kDa
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is important in many biological processes such as wound repair, tissue hydration, and inflammation. HA is also a potential biomarker for diseases such as osteoarthritis, liver cirrhosis, and bladder cancer.
- HA is a high molecular weight anionic polysaccharide (1,000-10,000 kDa) composed of repeating disaccharides and is one of several glycosaminoglycan components of the extracellular matrix of connective tissue.
- Free HA is taken up by the liver where it is degraded and recycled. Many chronic liver diseases, including infections (hepatitis B or C), toxicity (alcohol and drugs), genetic (hemochromatosis), autoimmunity, and malignancy, result in liver inflammation which can progress to liver fibrosis and cirrhosis causing impairment of liver function and resulting in a rapid increase in circulating HA levels.
- Data indicates a relationship between HA levels, local inflammation, and severity of disease. Recent publications have also shown that HA levels in urine are indicative of bladder cancer, that HA levels are directly correlated to liver disease, and suggests enhanced breakdown of HA in the lungs of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. In addition, serum levels of HA have been found to be elevated in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Hyaluronic Acid Sandwich ELISA
HA Sandwich ELISA Standard Curve
- The Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Sandwich ELISA is a quantitative immunoassay designed for in vitro measurement of HA levels in cell culture supernatant, or human/animal biological fluids. The concentration of HA in the sample is determined using a standard curve of known amounts of HA. The HA Sandwich ELISA was validated with human sera samples. Only a small amount of sample (25 µl) is needed for running duplicates measurements. The assay provides a robust and simple method for researchers to measure HA in biological samples.
- For shipping and storage information please click on Order#.
|K-1200-EC||Hyaluronan Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay||1 ea||583,00|
|K-4800-EC||Hyaluronic Acid Sandwich ELISA||1 kit||583,00|
- All prices are in EURO excl. VAT and shipping. Only available in Europe except for France and Italy.
- HA Assays Comparison Chart PDF