SpeedBlot (His) Western Blot Stain
As Easy as Ponceau Red but as Specific as ECL Antibody!
Start: Pour SpeedBlot (His) into suitable container
1 min: Submerge membrane in SpeedBlot (His)
10 min: Incubate until signal is clearly visible (30-90 min)
60 min: Stained poly-his proteins on the membrane
Comparison of His-tag detection methods
- Fastest Western ever; results in 30-90 min
- Specific staining of His-tagged proteins
- Sensitive to sub-picomol amounts of protein
- Simple incubation, no buffer exchange, etc.
- Economic, no readout equipment required
- Visually detectable result
- Quantitative and permanent signal
- Works with C-/ N-terminal tags
- SpeedBlot (His) is a ready-to-use reagent for the detection of poly-histidine tagged proteins in blot assays. This reagent is equally suitable for Western Blot assays and Dot or Slot Blot assays. The detection reagent is made of an optimized anti-histidine antibody gold nanoparticle conjugate and is reactive against C- and N-terminal tags. The protein of interest is specifically stained in pink directly on the blot. It contains the Qiagen Penta-His Antibody which is covered by patents exclusively licensed to Qiagen GmbH, Germany.
- Instant detection of poly-histidine tagged proteins on nitrocellulose membrane with SpeedBlot (His) is easy and does not require relevant hands-on time. Even 0.1 pmol detection limits can be achieved with this highly sensitive detection reagent. This is in the range of conventional ECL detection.