mobitec-globe Innovative Tools for Molecular and Cell Biology

Hyaluronic Acid AlphaScreen Assay

Hyaluronic Acid AlphaScreen Assay
Usage: hover your mouse-pointer anywhere on the image above to see an enlarged portion of the image. You can also just click the image to see the original-sized version.
Description: Hyaluronan (HA) is a linear polysaccharide comprised of a repeating disaccharide of N-acetylglucosamine and D-glucuronic acid. The major function of HA is to provide structural support of tissue as part of the extracellular matrix (ECM). Thus, HA is widely present in connective tissue in higher animals. The size of HA varies from 100 kD to 10, 000 kD and is responsible for different functions(1). In humans, free HA enters circulation through the lymph node, where 80% is degraded and recycled by the liver and the remaining 20% is metabolized in the kidneys and excreted through urine(2). Multiple studies have shown that high serum HA levels correlates with liver disease. Assay Design Echelon"s Hyaluronic Acid AlphaScreen" Assay is a competitive immunoassay for in vitro HA measurement. The HA present in sample competes with the Biotin-HA for binding to the His-tag HA Detector. Therefore, the assay signal is inversely proportional to the HA amount present in the sample (Figure 1). The no-wash homogenous assay design allows assay to be completed in just 90 minutes without any additional hands-on steps between incubation. This assay is compatible with high throughput (HTS) and uses only 15 µL sample for running triplicate measurements. In addition, Echelon"s HA AlphaScreen" Assay detects HA in an independent manner regardless of HA molecular weight (see Assay Notes for details); thus, providing researchers a quick and robust in vitro HA measurement method. » References ol Cowman et al. (2015) The Content and Size of Hyaluronan in Biological Fluids and Tissues. Front Immunol Jun 2;6:261. Garg and Hales (2004) Chemistry and Biology of Hyaluronan. Elsevier Science.
Order #: K-5800-EAKIT-EC
Unit Size: EA KIT
Supplier: Echelon Biosciences
Restrictions: Available in all European countries, except France & Italy.
Shipping: Dry Ice Or Gel Ice Depending On Destination
Storage: -20 °C
Subcategory: Kits & Assays
More information: Go to webpage
Datasheet Flyer or Brochure Product Image
687.00 € *

*All prices are net in Euro and do not include applicable taxes, shipping & handling, or other charges (e.g., customs duties).

Delivery time approx. 8 - 10 working days

    How To Order

    Orders can be placed by phone, fax, e-mail, or via our online shop:

    After placing your order, you will receive an order confirmation via e-mail within 2 working days. If you do not receive this e-mail, please contact us by phone. Thank you! More information regarding our ordering process can be found here.

    Technical Service - Product Information