Echelon Biosciences: Assays and Reagents to Study Lipid Signaling Pathways
For Basic Research and Drug Development
Echelon Biosciences offers the worldwide most comprehensive product range for lipid research. The company is engaged in the study of lipid signaling and critical metabolic enzymes, which provides new and viable targets for the development of potential drugs and diagnostics for cancer, diabetes, inflammation, infections, and cardiovascular disease.
Lipid Beads are ideal for use in protein pull-down experiments to identify and characterize lipid binding proteins. The beads allow lipid binding proteins to be isolated from cell lysates or mixtures of in vitro translated peptides, which can then be analyzed by SDS-Page, Western Blot, or mass spectrometry.
Sodium Hyaluronate is the sodium salt of hyaluronic acid (HA), also known as hyaluronan. HA is one of several glycosaminoglycan components of the extracellular matrix of connective tissue. Echelon provides multiple sizes of medical grade HA.
Beta Amyloid (1-42) Peptide, Human
Beta amyloid (1-42) is the predominant form of β-amyloid protein found in brains of patients with Alzheimer’s disease. Beta amyloid down-regulates bcl-2 and upregulates bax with evidence suggesting that it renders neurons vulnerable to age-dependent stress and neurodegeneration.
Membrane Lipid Strips
Membrane Lipid Strips are used to determine how your protein of interest interacts with lipids in a simple protein-lipid overlay assay. Bound protein can then be visualized using standard antibody-based detection methods.
PIP3 Mass ELISA
Echelon’s PIP3 Mass ELISA detects the amount PI(3,4,5)P3 extracted from cells by means of a competitive 96-well ELISA assay without the need for radioactive labeling.
Echelon carries unique antibodies that target lipids as opposed to proteins. These include the major phosphoinositides and other disease-associated lipids such as S1P and LPA.
Hyaluronidase Activity ELISA
The Hyaluronidase Activity ELISA is a quantitative immunoassay designed for in vitro measurement of hyaluronidase activity in biological samples.
Echelon carries an extensive list of ionizable and cationic lipids. When combined with specific combinations of carrier lipids, these reagents are ideal for delivery of RNA and DNA cargoes to cells and tissues.
The Phosphatidylethanol (PEth) ELISA detects the alcohol biomarker, PEth, extracted from dried blood spot cards, with sensitivity as low as 30 ng/ml. Patient samples can be screened without the need for LC-MS.
Brochures and Flyers
Echelon Biosciences provides a Science Center on their webpage. These pages offer basic information regarding biology, signaling pathways, interactions, therapeutic targets, and appropriate products. They streamline information to support and simplify basic research.Topics:
- PIKfyve: Function and Inhibition as Therapeutic Opportunities
- Identifying Lipid-Protein Interactions with Lipid Beads and LC/MS
- Tools for Hyaluronic Acid Research
- Intracellular Delivery of Phosphoinositides
- Lipid Nanoparticles for RNA Delivery
- Nanobodies: Production, Applications, and more
- What is a Competitive ELISA?
- Isoprenoids: Biology and Potential Uses
- Peptide Epitopes as Unique Markers for SARS-CoV-2 Serology Assays
- Which Hyaluronic Acid Assay Should I Use?
- S1P as a Biomarker of Clinical Severity in ARDS and COVID-19 SARS
- Phosphatidylethanol: A Biomarker of Alcohol Consumption
- 5 Tips to Improve Your Strips!
- Lipid Immunostaining: Part 2
- Drug-Induced Phospholipidosis: Best Practices and Screening
- PI3K: Function, Signaling, and Therapeutic Avenues
- Exosomes and Extracellular Vesicles: Methods and Applications
- Lipid Microparticles: Phagocytosis, Apoptosis, and Beyond
- How to Determine Hyaluronic Acid Molecular Weight Using Gel Electrophoresis
- Lipid Immunostaining
- Top 3 Reasons to Partner with Echelon Biosciences for MEP Antibacterial Research
- Sphingolipid Function in Biology
Citations & References
Echelon Biosciences search tool can help you to find relevant publications that utilized their unique products.Browse more than 11,657 citations
Please Browse Echelon Biosciences Products:
*All prices in € excl. VAT and shipping